Vivino: the ultimate app for the wine lovers
There are many occasions where we want to know more about a wine we are tasting. To solve this issue, Vivino has been born, the app for the wine lovers. Vivino is an app designed to anyone who loves wine and which seeks give information by just taking a picture of the label. But the app doesn’t just give you information about the wine, but also prices, reviews, recommendations and even suggestions to wine- pairing, in a community of more than 10 million people.
The app is available for iOS, Android and Windows Phone, and they also have a web site where they show information about new wines. The users can look for their wine among more than 54,000 wine companies from all over the world, just by login- in with there email or facebook account. If the bottle you are looking for doesn’t exist in their catalogue, you can request it and their wine expert will find out more details for you. All that new information will be automatically available for the rest of the community.
Vivino also track for geoposition in order to tell every user which are the closer shops, restaurants and bars where they can find that specific wine. Also, you have a timeline where you’ll see the wines other people are related to. In the “My Wines” options, the app saves all the wines we have looked for and tested. Last, in the “Featured List”, users can find different kind of wines ordered by several criteria like price, geo, food, etc.
To summarize, these are the Vivino features:
• Take a photo of any label for instant information on the wine
• Get to know the entire wine list: Take a photo to see ratings and reviews
• Check prices to find the best deals and buy wine online
• Find wine merchants in your area with Nearby and see pricing
• See popular and trending wines in your area with weekly updated Top Lists
• Connect with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and Contacts
• Like and comment on your friends’ wines to have a little more fun
• Follow Featured Users to see what the wine-savvy crowd enjoys
• Save wines to your Wish List to cheer yourself up on a rainy day
• Browse wines, ratings and reviews from more than 10 million users
• Upload photos from your photo album to add to your wine list
• Scan offline: Images are saved and upload resumes when you are connected